Otterbein Franklin Memory Care
Otterbein Franklin SeniorLife Community has three Special Care units designed to accommodate residents diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of Dementia.
- Level One: Garden Memory Care-Assisted Living
- Level Two: Murphy Special Care-Comprehensive
- Level Three: Advanced Special Care-Comprehensive
“The goal of each Special Care area is to provide accommodations for residents in an environment conducive to independent functioning, while maintaining their personal respect and dignity.”
Our Established Process
- Environment- Is a specially designed open concept that helps to reduce stress and anxiety. The atmosphere promotes an active, independent lifestyle, which is helpful to minimize symptoms.
- Admission- defined goals are established with ongoing assessments to ensure the level of care is appropriate to meet individual needs. We focus on family education and support from admission through ongoing transitions.
Our Compassionate People
- Our experienced, professionals work to develop strategies to on-going dementia related symptoms and help each resident reach their highest potential.
- Our staff serves as a dedicated and loving caregiver for your loved one
Garden Memory Care
Garden Memory Care (Level 1) offers studio and one-bedroom apartments on a secured level to provide for residents in the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s disease or Dementia. Residents furnish the apartments with their home furnishings to provide a familiar and comfortable transition.
Murphy Special Care and Advanced Special Care
Murphy Special Care (Level 2) and Advanced Special Care (Level 3) are two distinct and secure units that are specially designed to accommodate residents with mid-stage and late stage Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia, respectively. Each unit has raised ceilings and skylights to allow for natural lighting in the common areas. Surrounding the common area is a walking path that allows the residents to walk in a safe and open space. Secured display cases are located outside each room, which allows for personal items and mementos. Each room is furnished with an electric hospital bed, a bedside table, an over-the-bed table, floor lamp, and a rocking chair.
- Secured living areas along with a secured out door area
- 24 hour licensed nursing care with routine nightly monitoring
- Staff specialized with Dementia care training
- Activities such as exercise groups, bingo, sing-a-long, cooking, crafts, etc.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy is available on site
- Whirlpool assistance
- Variety of menus to meet resident’s dietary need.
Otterbein Franklin SeniorLife Community always has fantastic food choices each week in our Kresge Dining Room. See what we have to offer for Lunch and Dinner on our weekly dining food menu! Here are just some of the tasty options for this week! Sunday - Chef's Choice...read more
Did you enjoy Brittany’s Nutrition Presentation yesterday? Come for a 15-minute Nutrition and Brain Health “TED Talk” video (filmed right here in Indiana), along with pre– and post-video discussion led by Jeremy in Fellowship Hall at 2:00pm this afternoon. New to TED...read more
See what it's like to live at Otterbein Franklin!
Welcome to our community.
Otterbein Franklin SeniorLife Community (formally know as Franklin United Methodist Community) opened its doors in 1957 as a continuing care retirement community that provides a variety of living options and care choices for retired persons. The long-standing traditions and standards of the United Methodist Church remain a part of our community; however residency is open to persons of all faiths and denominations. We stand committed as a non-profit, faith-based organization willing to serve the needs of our community.